Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Toxic Peer Pressure

This is a guest blog by Nathan Dickey who is also serving his sentence at Texarkana F.C.I.

Peer pressure can play a negative or a positive role. If you hang around people who are always complaining about how bad everything is , you may start believing wjat they say. On the other hand if you surround yourself with people who are strong and positive, you're more likely to see a world full of opportunity and adventure. 

A negative belief system, if carried into adulthood. It can produce all sorts of unproductive habits including drug addictions, criminal activity and an inability to mold a steady career path. 

Though you may have a disadvantaged background, you can still exercise power over your life by making informed decisions to bring about the changes necessary for personal growth. It may only take one person to help you make the transition. An excellent coach, teacher, therapist, mentor or positive role model can dramatically impact your future. The only way is that you have to commit to change. When you are ready the right people will start showing up to you. 

I'm curious. Can you say no to Toxic people? Really can you? Because if you can't, it will be extra hard for you to even convince yourself you can succeed at your goals or in life. You know the type of people I am speaking about! No matter how great things are going, they always look for negative details to slow you down confidence wise. Plus it's an everydday routine. These people are poisonous to your health. You have had some friends for years on end that are toxic, and you ask me if I just want you to walk away. No I Wnat You To Run!!!LOL 

The POwer of FOcus here is it is your choice. You get to choose the kind of people you want in your life. Also you get to choose your new opportunities you create. Maybe you need a few good decisions to let go and move on. I went from hanging with hard heads and losers to rolling with positive brothers making success stories from prison! I would like to thank Wendy Day for recommending "The Power Of FOCus" it's a must have. 

From my own personal experience I see a major change by focusing on goals. Because people that have things to do like focusing on their work to accomplish their goals. Don't interest people looking for pie in the sky. It's true- you get out of life what you put into life. 

I didn't do anything but run the streets for my first 24 years on this earth, and I got nothing to show for it-not even the streets. But I'm Not A Failure!!! Cause I refuse to give up the fight. When I Give Up I'm The Loser!!! Guess what's crazy. Over these last 6 years, I've learned more in prison as far as book knowledge than my whole life in school. I never finished a book till I came to prison. I have been hard headed all my life, and everyday I struggleworking on perfecting my change. But you knnow that's a forever journey for me. 

P.S. Take care and never let this world hold you back. If anybody out there has any knowledge to share, please feel free to do so. 

By Nathan Dickey
Texarkana F.C.I. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word. I like this post. Reminds me of Stanley Tookie Williams writing. That's makes me happy things are going better in your life. :)

Anonymous said...

Association breeds similarity, that's why umma stay with real rich niggas until six niggas carry me, poverty Is a mindset, time waits for no man, but no man wants to die a poor man with no plan.--nas on "association"

ng2000 said...

Valuable resource of peer pressure news summaries: http://ng2000.com/ng2000bb/YaBB.pl?num=1221458001

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!